Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twitter-verse: The Early Adopter Dilemma


I just realized that I should have secured all the domain names that I own by getting Twitter accounts set up for every name. Not a smart move on my part. As I look back now, all the names I should have secured pretty early on such as @imran, @imranahmad have already been taken. Boohoo I guess.

Should I have been a Twitter demon and created a new account for every four letter word out there like @milk and @car?...is there even a protocol for people who squat on Twitter handles. If you know, shoot me a tweet @immyeatworld. I probably should have been like the guy who owns Milk.com. If you havent seen it, go here: http://milk.com/value/. This guy is legit style asking for over 10 million dollars for the domain name. He barely even uses it. In my opinion, he's squatting, but because he maintains a minimum level of activity, the folks responsible for GotMilk probably can't take any reasonable legal action. However, I gotta hand it to the guy. By buying milk.com early on, he can pretty much retire whenever he wants to.

What is sad is all the things that I have been an early adopter on, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc, don't really do anything for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment